I have seen this post around the blogosphere a lot lately and I think it is such an awesome idea, I have always been too shy to kind of accept and think about the things I’m good at. I sometimes can come across as big-headed to people I’m really close to but I have no confidence in what I’m saying I’m kind of agreeing with what people are saying when I don’t actually think it’s the truth, for example, people might say “you’re amazing!” or “you’re so impressive!” and I’d kind of say “Oh, I know!” but I don’t actually believe what I’m saying I just agree because I don’t want to have the conversation of them trying to convince me it’s true when I don’t feel that way. Anyway, there are things about myself that I’m very proud of and it’s so nice that this tag exists to let people express what they’re proud of themselves for without having to feel like they’re showing off or too in love with themselves or anything…
Anyway, let’s get into it!
- I am proud of how motivated I am – although I am a procrastinator just like everyone else, if I am working on something I really enjoy (such as this blog) then I am very motivated when it comes to doing that particular thing and I really like that about myself.
- I am proud of how positive I always am – there are times in my life that are harder than others and times when things don’t go according to plan and my day starts of bad and just seems to get worse but no matter what happens, in the end I always remain positive and then everything always ends up okay. I am a true believer in “think positive and positive things will happen”, I don’t mean that positivity can cure illnesses or diseases but that positivity can help with minor things. This is a pretty bad example but whenever I’m buying concert tickets, before the tickets go on sale I always say “I’m going to see ___” and my family always remind me that I haven’t actually got tickets yet, but because I’m thinking positive, I always end up with tickets. Another example is my sister keeps reminding me that I still might have failed my exams and I keep telling her I haven’t and although I haven’t got my results back yet I can pretty much guarantee that I haven’t failed, so in August, when I get my results, if I have passed I will blame it on my positivity.
- I am proud of how selfless I am – I am proud that I always think of others before myself, I never let what I want get in the way of others and I often give up the things I would really prefer in order to do what others want of me and although at times it can be quite stressful and I find it quite hard not voicing my opinion and what I really want, the happiness I get from being selfless is worth it!
- I am proud that I’m always willing to try new things – I am always up for trying a new type of thing, e.g. watching a new genre of film that I wouldn’t usually watch, trying a new food, reading a book I wouldn’t normally read etc. I’m also always willing to try new activities as long as they don’t involve something I fear such as water or heights.
- I am proud that I’m always so organised – I am always very organised, both in life and tidiness. My room is very tidy (most of the time) and I always know where things are, I’m very good at organising my life such as things on the calendar – birthdays, activities, events, I’m also very good at keeping to-do lists etc. I am very proud of myself for being this organised because it means I always know what I’m doing and I’m always on the ball at all times and able to give people specific information and find things in my room when I need it.
- I am proud that I’m always there for my friends and family – I’m very good at identifying when there’s something wrong with a person I’m close to and I personally feel I am very supportive and good in giving advice on how to deal with the situation, other people may think differently but that’s how I feel. I’m always willing to help my friends and family when they’re stuck and support them in their decisions and help them in making their decisions by, for example, laying out the pros and cons etc.
- I am proud of myself for starting this blog – there are lots of people that list this as something they are proud of themselves for in other #ProudToBeProud posts that I’ve read but I truly am proud of myself for this, I’ve wanted to start a blog for a long time but never really had the confidence that it would get anywhere and I thought I would probably lose interest in it very fast or not have the time, motivation and ideas to maintain the blog and keep it interesting, but one day I decided “what the hell, I’m just going to go for it!” and here I am, a month later with 52 followers and around 40 written posts and I am so proud of myself for getting this far and can’t wait to go even further and expand my blog even more!
- I am proud of myself for maintaining my blog – as said above, one of the reasons I didn’t start this blog earlier was because I felt I wouldn’t stay motivated enough and I wouldn’t be able to come up with enough ideas but actually I have managed to stay motivated posting almost everyday for an entire month (I only missed 5 days) and I have dedicated an entire notebook and a section in my phone for writing down blogging ideas so I never run out of ideas for awesome posts. I am very prone to giving up on things like this very fast, I go through a stage where it’s new and exciting and I feel really confident about it and then suddenly I just can’t be bothered and cut it from my life and I am very proud of myself for not letting that happen this time.
- I am proud of myself for having a life plan – “What do you want to be when you grow up?” is a very common topic in conversation and I am very proud that I actually have a fully developed answer for said question, because of being so organised I have a good few years of my life planned out (at least the next 5-6) and I know exactly what I want to do, what I want to achieve and where I want to go, of course I don’t have literally every minute of everyday planned and there will be some unexpected or not previously foreseen events taking place but all the big things that are going to hugely impact my life are all planned out. I actually get excited when thinking about the future although it terrifies me all the same!
There we go, all the things about myself that I am proud of. There are probably a ton of other stuff I could add to this list but I can’t actually think of them right now, if I do think of any more I will come and add to this list!
I really hope you enjoyed this post, if you did give it a like and follow me for more posts like this! If you’re already following me then thank you so much for your support! 🙂
Lastly, if anyone has any ideas on future tags, challenges, series or blog posts I could do that you have seen somewhere else in the blogosphere or that you would just love to see someone do a post about please let me know either in the comments, you can find me on twitter or e-mail me – email@example.com
That’s all for now!
Inspired Teen 🙂